Vehicle Accident Checklist
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States. Americans collectively drive almost 3 TRILLION miles per year and 3 MILLION people were injured or killed on our roads last year alone.
What should you do if I’m injured in a car wreck in San Antonio? Be prepared in the event you are in a motor vehicle accident and make sure you protect yourself by following this accident checklist. Click here to download and print a copy to keep in your glove box.
- Call the police immediately.
- Record the other driver’s name, address, phone number, license number, registration, and proof of insurance.
- Gather the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses who can be contacted by your attorney at a later date; and try to convince them to remain at the scene until the police arrive. Beg if you have to!
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible even if you “don’t feel that bad”. (Even the most serious injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, may not be immediately apparent.)
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Cooperate with your insurance company, but do not volunteer any theories about the circumstances leading up to the accident.
- Never, never, never discuss the accident with the other driver’s insurance company before you consult a lawyer.
- Document your injuries with photographs. Some injuries such as bruises and cuts heal quickly. As a result, the visual record can be critical to your case.
- Take pictures of the vehicles, interior and exterior.
- Consult with an attorney experienced in the practice of personal injury law at The Law Office of Joe A. Gamez before you attempt to recover your losses.
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call us 24/7! (210) 736-4040